1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M2B2 Club (Mustang, MusicMaster, Bullet, Bronco)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GassieBall, Jan 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Ah, let's give it a whirl. There seems to be enough interest in the "feeler" thread. Actually, I think anybody who has a solid body Fender/Squier short scale belongs in here.

I'm just really digging my MIJ Reissue Mustang. It's so fun to play. My other short scales are getting a little jealous of the new horse in the stable, no pun intended. :)

I'll post a pic soon.

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Here's my modded Mustang RI...again. :)

[​IMG]

Here's one of my modded "Mustonco" (Mustang neck on a Bronco body with an EMG SA pickup, Musicmaster bridge, and Mustang control plate)...Yes, they're the same dice (found to be unecessary after the picture was taken).

[​IMG]

And another "Mustonco":

[​IMG]

3. love my bronco, no pics except live ones.
    great little bass.
    20037_445587095356_641340356_109674.
    20037_445597745356_641340356_109676.

4. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I love my Mustang RI...I would like to join.

mustang.

5. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Those Broncos are way better than they have a right to be for being the cheapest bass in the Fender/Squier line.

6. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    0. GassieBall
    1. Mongo2
    2. 211dave122
    3. johnnycat42

Mongo, the checkboard pg always makes me smile and think of an old 50's diner.

Dave, your live shots are too cool, especially how your guitar player has a Mustang and you have Bronco :)

7. absolutely, they are good basses. the only thing i don't like is the colour, but a re-finish in the near future is on the cards. :bassist: thinking a dark metallic blue/green, black guard. :hyper:

8. Mekana

Mekana Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I'd love a number! Let's see if I can post my first pic in this forum. This is my Bronco w/DiMarzio ProTrack pickup:

Attached Files:

9. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    4. Mekanamom

White pickup cover, black rails. Nice!

10. dotlikeimpact

dotlikeimpact

Apr 19, 2007
    Can I get a number? Here's my '73
    4296119231_533112cb5c_o.

11. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    5. dotlikeimpact

Now that's a real Mustang!!!

So, did you ever figure out what strings to get? It looks like medium scale is the best bet on string through mustangs???

12. dotlikeimpact

dotlikeimpact

Apr 19, 2007
    Yeah, I'm in love. It's 9 years older than me! Freakin' cougar bass.
    I'm sticking with the rounds that were on it. Normally, I'm a flatwound fanatic, but these rounds (just a little dead) sound killer. It seems like the definitive answer for strings (flats anyway) are Med-Scale Chromes.

13. A few nicks here and there, but smooth as silk. :cool:

Am I in? :D

14. okiethunder

okiethunder

Feb 25, 2009
    Here's my modded Bronco. Can I get a number?

Attached Files:

El Pelusa likes this.
  15. Mike . M .

Mike . M .

Sep 4, 2009
    Hi , can I join please ? I have the Mustang reissue , same as johnnycat42 , I'd like to see what it looks like with a pearloid pickguard too , are they available ?

16. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Member update:

0. GassieBall
    1. Mongo2
    2. 211dave122
    3. johnnycat42
    4. Mekanamom
    5. dotlikeimpact
    6. Okiethunder
    7. Mike . M .
    8. slotrod65

I guess I'll try to just add/edit the first post for the list from now on.

If you've done mods to your basses, could you please list them so we can all learn? The mod options are pretty few and far between (unlike jazzes, for instance) so any info would be really helpful. Thanks!

17. slotrod65

slotrod65

Dec 29, 2009
    OK, I am in.... Bronco bass, already modded with a GFS lipstick pickup, and CTS electronics, plus push back wire.

Next mods will be Musicmaster 4 saddle bridge and Hipshot tuners. They are here, I am just waiting for a 11/16" forstner bit to arrive....

It seams that I can never leave a bass alone. I always need to mod it somehow.

Phred

Attached Files:

18. how is the lipstick pickup working out for you?

19. Mekana

Mekana Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Yeah, the DiMarzio pickup color totally worked out... I thought about replacing the pickguard too, but then just went with the pickup that went with what I already had. Musician's Friend has a variety of colors to choose from.

I really like the way the Bronco sounds now, and it is so fun to play! It hasn't completely killed the GAS for a Mustang RI, but at least put it on a low simmer. Gotta save my $$ to feed my other mustang, of the equine kind. Here he is; the reason why I own a mustang and play a Bronco. ;)

(Jeez, that sounds sort of bad. Like I said, I'm having a ton of fun with the Bronco!)

Attached Files:

20. quiet morning so decided to record a quick demo of my Squier Bronco. Recorded it quickly using my (very!) cheap behringer bdi21 di pedal thru a usb interface into kristal, no post effects/eq except a bit of reverb on the first bit.
    link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1035746 (play bassdemofull)
    the clip is in the following order:
    -stand by me riff fingers
    -stand by me riff with pick
    -"Death" by white lies intro riff, really simple, bit off dist/od from the bdi21, with pick
    -improvised kind of chords sequence, fingers
    -kind of funk riff (not my style of music so apologies for butchering it!)
    -just a little bit I made up, chords, fingers
    not the best playing ever but i think it sounds good for a £100 bass thru a £25 di pedal :)

EDIT: note that this is with a cheap di, live thru a decent amp the bass sounds quite a bit better!