Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M5Yates

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by M5Yates, Mar 16, 2005.

1. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Feedback for Bill Yates.
    Thank you.

2. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I bought a great Rapture bass from Bill - super packaging and condition was just as he described.

3. I got a nice Warwick Streamer STD, a 2001 German model that is a modders' dream come true with its' ample control cavity and passive circuitry. Well-packaged and perfectly set-up too.

4. HundredYearBen

HundredYearBen

Sep 25, 2004
    Austin,TX
    Got a great used set of Rio Grande P-bass pickups from Bill and he threw in lots of good advice for shielding the electronics while I was in there. He even offered to install them for me..... Great guy to deal with....

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I got a great deal on an SVT 3Pro from Bill. He paid the PayPal charge and packaged the hell out of the thing...shipped fast and kept in touch with me the whole time. Great guy!!!

6. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    When you open up your PMs and see one from this man. Know that he is a pleasure to do business with. You will get your money when you expect it to, and you will be happy when the deal is done. Bill is a great buyer and I'd recommend doing business with him again any day, without hesitation.

7. wadeyc

wadeyc

May 25, 2005
    I bought a great Geddy Lee jazz bass from Bill. He was quick in responding to my emails, and the entire transaction was a pleasure. The bass was packed incredibly well - probably more than necessary, which is good a good thing!

8. I just got a Sansamp BDDI from Bill in a trade. It was packed in a way that could could've survived a nuclear holocaust. It took me almost 10 min to get to the Sansamp, but was well worth it. Great guy to deal with and super friendly. Got back to me fast on the PM's and e-mails. If he opened a store, I would buy from him all the time.

9. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Sold my IVP pre, my power amp and 6-space SKB rack to Bill. I flew it out to him, he met me at the San Marcos airport where he was waiting in the FBO in air-conditioned comfort. I was running behind because I had to stop for fuel, but he waited patiently. Great guy to deal with, even had cash on hand. Definitely one of the smoothest transactions I've ever had, once I got there ;) ! Easy to work with, and a really nice guy to boot! Thanks!

10. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    After consecutive nights in Tijuana for the stripper-midget-donkey show marathon, making the finals in the tequilla drinking world tournament, and going without sleep for 40 days, I messed up and sent Bill the wrong pickups. I thought they were one, but they wound up being the other. Bill was extremely patient until all was resolved.

Bill's a great guy and easy to work with. I owe him a drink.

(Alright, I didn't go to Tijuana and I didn't drink any tequilla....oh and not the stripper-donkey-midget thing either. I was just dumb :meh: )

11. HotRoded

HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    Maryland
    Just bought a bass from Bill.
    It has been a very good experience: the bass was as described. He shipped it early, well packed, gave me immediatly the tracking #.
    Communication has been very good.

I would do business again with Bill without hesitating. :cool:

12. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I just bought an Ampeg B-4R from Bill. After helping me out through the process of getting it and being very patient, he sent it extremely well packaged (the mail lady dropped the box :eek: ) and it arrived in excellent condition, and very quickly!

Although obviously used, it was still in superb shape with barely any wear and tear and in extremely phenomenal playing condition.

Anyone that treats his gear the way this amp was treated just can't be a bad guy.

13. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I bought a set of Quarter Pounder pickups for my P-bass from Bill. Great communication, shipped very quickly, and just overall a great transaction.
    Thanks!

14. babyhuey

babyhuey

Sep 16, 2005
    AR
    I recently bought a preamp from M5Yates. It could not have gone any better. Great person to work with.

15. I just bought a Fender RB Classic Custom Shop J bass from Bill, and I couldn't be more pleased.
    First off, the packaging was better than professional, I have not seen a better packaging job. First Rate!!!
    The bass itself was like new, mint and not a scratch on it. Hell, the plactic protective film still covered the case locks.
    It was like receiving a new bass from the factory.
    Thanks again Bill, and it was a pleasure doing business with you. :hyper:

16. Bought a Fender Gig Bag from Bill. Transaction was a pleasure.Bill is an Asset to the TalkBass community.

Thanks Bill!

Bryan D Potyk

17. d sage

d sage

May 16, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Bill sold me a rack bag. It was a pleasure dealing with him. Fast shipping, everything as it should be. Thanks Bill!