1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M6 Carbine Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TripleXL, May 19, 2011.

1. I bought a Mesa M-Pulse 600 Venture Combo about a year ago and loved the sound - right up to the time that it fried itself big-time at a gig back in January.http://tb1.talkbasscdn.com/smilies/mecry.gif

Fortunately it was still under warranty but given the time it takes to get the parts out to NZ (full new set of mosfets and new speakers) and get it sorted I didn't get it back until last month. Played my first gig with it since getting it back at the weekend but unfortunately it just aint the same amp - way down on power and the tone that I loved was gone. I rarely had to use the EQ and could set the pre-amp controls pretty much at noon and it sounded great. It might just have been the room we were in but no end of tweaking it could arrive at a decent sound. No matter what I did it sounded like an el-cheapo solid state amp with a flabby single 15 inch not the high-end combo that I had paid for.http://tb1.talkbasscdn.com/smilies/colors/mad.gif

Long story short I went back to the store and it looks like they are going to replace it with an M6 Carbine Combo. It will arrive at the store tomorrow and I'll get to check it out then. In the meantime, has anyone had any experience or comments on these?

2. Colty

Colty

Mar 6, 2011
    Logan, Utah
    I love my m6 combo. Awesome power and pretty diverse in the tonal range once you figure out what you want from the few knobs. Honestly it feels like it has just as much, if not more, kick than my svt-4 pro ever had. This amp changed the way I look at bass. The M6 combine with those 12's gives insane response time. It feels like there is no delay, or very minimal delay. With other amps it's always felt like I hear my strings then the amp but with the combo it feels like I just get one sound. Anyway... the combo is amazing and I hope you love it as much as I do mine.

3. The Growler

The Growler

Jan 26, 2008
    I have one as well. Amazing sound and tons of power. You'll love it.

Let us know what you think when you get yours.

4. Picked up the amp last night and had a play. I've tried it with all my basses and it kills. Officially I'm just trialing while they take a look at my old Venture 600 but they are going to need a crowbar to get back from me!

It sounds at least as good if not better than my Venture did before it blew up. Not quite as well featured as the old M-Pulse - no on-board compressor (which was pretty good on the Venture) and effects loop not footswitchable but these are minor. No secondary EQ either (other than the presets), although I tended not to use this on the Venture as I could always get a good sound without having to bother - I actually quite like the simplicity of just having a Bass, Mid & Treble.

5. onegunguitar

onegunguitar Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2010
    The M6 is an awesome sounding head. I have the combo and love it.:):)