1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

m6: nv610 vs mesa rr410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NOZMEDA, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Hey guys, looking for a little advice for experience I don't have. I use the mesa m6 head through a road ready 410. To me it seems like that combination is a little harsh. So I found an affordable nv610 and I'm wondering what you guys think about this combo. I use low tunings, my dingwall is currently being built. gotta have that low B. Anyways, I just want to hear what someone with experience has to say about this. If it helps, I have an svt810e that I can use to maybe help compare.

PLEASE PLACE A VOTE!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. P.s. I have not bought the nv610 and don't have access to audition it.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    The NV610 will be anything but "harsh" unless youre pumping alot of high mids.
    It will throb away for you. I would say you should try the SVT 810 and see what you think. They will be in the same ballpark most likely, depending on which era and construction the 810 is.

I had an NV610 and it paired very nicely with just about ANY amp I threw at it. The only reason I dont still have it is I preferred the NV412 and NV 215 just a smidge over the 610.

NOZMEDA likes this.
  4. The 810 isn't one of those "legendary" class items. Lol. (mmorpg?) It's somewhat new so I'm sure it's oriental by birth. I really gotta lower all my knobs when going through that rr410. Every knob is under 12:00. I think I'm gonna do a complete eq redo using the 810 and see what I come up with. But man, that 410 is a breeze to move compared to the 810. Not easy to lift, but the casters rock

5. eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    well then its probably made with real wood instead of OSB and will have a good solid sealed cab tone. So it will give you an approximate ballpark of the NV610 most likely.

NOZMEDA likes this.
  6. Cool that's helpful.

7. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    OP, you just missed out on a PH212 airhead (the combo version w/o the M6 head) in the classifieds! I have one and it is easy to move and VERY LOUD without being harsh (but I prefer bright sound, take that FWIW). This is my first experience using modern 12's and I like them better than 10's. Just my opinion...

NOZMEDA likes this.
  8. Man I've been wanting to hear the new 12s so bad

9. Dang

10. I like some brightness but my Spector with ssds going through the m6 and rr410 is over the top

11. It sounds like a good idea to get the nv610, I'll just have to jam my 810 in the morning. My RR410 is 8 ohms. What I'm getting at, it's hard to match that 8ohm cab with stuff because mostly I run into 4ohm cabs. Having the nv610@4ohms can be useful because if I need extra thump, I can drop that m6 to 2ohms and run the 810 with the 610. Mmmmm.... 1410s

12. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    M6's and sealed cabs go very well together. I pretty much only use my M9 with a DIY sealed cab and love it to death. That NV610 should be such a great match :)

NOZMEDA likes this.
  13. Yes. These are the answers I'm looking for. Really the only reason I got the RR was because of an intense fear of brand mismatching. In this case, the combination is a little to bright in the mids even when completely scooped.

dukeorock likes this.
  14. Welp, plugged it up to the fridge and this time instead of a/b ing I redid the eq. I believe I'm going to be giving guys NV envy. I guess I'm a sealed cab kinda guy.

15. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Don't forget the Mesa Traditional 610. Perfect match for the M6 Carbine.

NOZMEDA and dukeorock like this.
  16. What differences do you think there are between RR and PH ?

17. eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    If I recall correctly, they are basically the same except for the finish. One is tolexed and the other is ready for abuse. I think there are minor wattage differences, and are sonically similar.

NOZMEDA likes this.
  18. I would be also looking at the mesa traditional 610.

NOZMEDA likes this.
  19. G-MonRV5

G-MonRV5

Apr 29, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any thoughts about a cab to match an M-Pulse 600? Been thinking about a traditional 610...

NOZMEDA likes this.
  20. Hijack away. I'm pretty much decided on the NV anyways, and if I come across a mesa 610/810 I'll check them out too!

Mike A and dukeorock like this.