1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M9 Issue

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by Mr. Gone, Oct 5, 2009.

1. I just got an M9 from American Musical and it seems like it has none of the new models or features, particularly the Clean Octaver.
    Any ideas why? Is there a way to update the unit or do I need to send it back and wait for the next batch?
    Thanks,
    Scott

2. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses

3. Just an FYI, I spoke with Line6 support and the guy said the M9 ships with the old version 1 software and you need to manually update to version 2.0. That doesn't sound right to me...
    He also said the M9 update isn't on the site yet and NOT to use the M13 update, it would ruin the unit...
    Can anyone from Line6 validate or confirm this info?
    Thanks

4. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Sorry for the bad info. I swear that when I read it this morning it said M9/M13 in the instructions. Maybe it's time to get the eyes checked.

5. No problem, I appreciate the reply. I'm just confused by the info I got from Line6. Based on the product info on their website, it appears that the M9 comes with the version 2.0 software, but I'm getting a conflicting answer from Line6. I'm puzzled why they would announce the M9 and the 2.0 software on the same day, yet not ship the M9 with it. I'm hoping someone from Line6 reads this and can get to the bottom of this...

6. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    bump for a response!

7. I did get a reply on the M9/M13 forum on the Line6 website. The M9's are shipping with firmware version 1.01. It does not have the new models (like the Clean Octaver) and features listed on the Line6 website. You will need to update the firmware to version 2.0 (which is not available yet for the M9) to get the new models and features...

8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Can you specify exactly what is missing as I've just bought an M9 I was happy with the M13 before the update but now am just floored.

I assume
    Bass Octaver
    Wahs
    EQ
    Particle Verb
    Pitch Glide
    Intelligent Harmoniser
    Etc?

I have to agree this is a bit sucky, I won't be fussed if the update is available in the next 2 weeks as I won't have my M9 till then, which might be why a lot of stores are saying shipping 19th October.

Thanks

EDIT

Forget that I found it

Bass Octaver
    Sync to Midi Beat Clock
    Resync LFOs
    Relative Mode
    Heel/Toe Pixels

I don't know if I see the Heel/Toe pixels on my M13 anyway but the only thing I care about there is Bass Octaver and the Octave Down Fuzz still does a fine job till this update is released.

Man these people on the net made it out like it was missing everything, most gui****s wouldn't even know about the clean octaver anyway

9. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    Your unit is fine.

The M9 comes with 1.01. We added 5 things after we released the M9 1.01 code to manufacturing that went into the M13. Bass Octaver (cause of you guys) Midi beat clock, LFO sync, relative pot mode, heel toe pixels.

Good news, you can update the M9 via Monkey, so you won't have any problems. It should be available soon just keep checking the website.