1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ma' bass project

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Sippy, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Okay. I'm sick of disliking the sound of my squier. So I'm doing something about it. I just bought a fretless Chandler neck from an excellent TBer! I'm going with a red tort pickguard (wine red P-bass) And Amber speed knobs (the kind used on classic Les Pauls I believe) I think gold hardware will set this bass off nicely, accent the gold in the tort and the amber knobs (then again i'm colorblind so I could be wrong) anyway.
    My bass instructor is telling me to get a Badass 2 bridge, upon further investigation I have heard that there are better bridges out there! I'm looking at maybe a Hipshot 4 string bass bridge (gold color) or a Schaller 4 string roller bass bridge. The Hipshot is a bit more money, but I have NO idea what the difference is between the two bridges.
    Another question is, I'm looking to install a jazz bass pickup by the bridge. I can't find the classic Fender jazz Pup anywhere!! stewmac, fender.com.. neither have it. Could somebody direct me towards a site where I can get one? At a decent price?
    LAST question. This chandler neck fit on a class fender J-bass... How much of a Bit** will it be to get on my newer squier p-bass? Thanks alot guys!