Ma' bass project

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Sippy, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Okay. I'm sick of disliking the sound of my squier. So I'm doing something about it. I just bought a fretless Chandler neck from an excellent TBer! I'm going with a red tort pickguard (wine red P-bass) And Amber speed knobs (the kind used on classic Les Pauls I believe) I think gold hardware will set this bass off nicely, accent the gold in the tort and the amber knobs (then again i'm colorblind so I could be wrong) anyway.
    My bass instructor is telling me to get a Badass 2 bridge, upon further investigation I have heard that there are better bridges out there! I'm looking at maybe a Hipshot 4 string bass bridge (gold color) or a Schaller 4 string roller bass bridge. The Hipshot is a bit more money, but I have NO idea what the difference is between the two bridges.
    Another question is, I'm looking to install a jazz bass pickup by the bridge. I can't find the classic Fender jazz Pup anywhere!! stewmac, neither have it. Could somebody direct me towards a site where I can get one? At a decent price?
    LAST question. This chandler neck fit on a class fender J-bass... How much of a Bit** will it be to get on my newer squier p-bass? Thanks alot guys!