1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ma new Dingwall Afterburner 1 . . . and 1/2?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chutsk10, Feb 29, 2008.

1. So 7 months of waiting and alas my first boutique bass arrived.

Not sure what to call it as I managed to get Sheldon at Dingwall guitars to let me make some non standard changes to his "production model" of the Afterburner 1.

Unlike the standard AB1 this beauty has:

A premium grade quilted maple top
    Active/passive electronics
    Greenburst finish
    Fret dots

Actually when I asked Sheldon told me that he wouldn't do the fret dots and the individual string saddles at the bridge but when it arrived it had the fret dots to my surprise.

Overall this thing is phenominal, it looks and sounds absolutly AMAZING, not a single imperfection.

My apologies for the bad pics, I am a bassist not a photographer.

Dingwall005.

Dingwall004.

Dingwall011.

2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Saskatchewan
    Looks great man!:bassist:

3. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Wow, that looks great.

4. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Great looking afterburner! Its funny what you can get if you ask nicely, isn't it? That green top looks great...and I think that dots may become standard on some AB models in the near future.

6. Whoah, very nice!!! I think major metal would be proud of this one!

7. Very cool and unique. Welcome to the club.

Have you posted this over on the Dingwall forum?

8. Well I figgurd since I only have the money for one of these (unlike fullrangebass) I may as well have asked to see what could be done, Sheldon is very nice to deal with as well as Barry Lamb.

I should also mention Jong Lee at Jivesound.com was also a pleasure to deal with as I got this bass through him.

Yeah I noticd th dots on th new less expensive AB that Shldon had at NAMM so i was wondering if that would become a standard item.

Ohhhh a Dingwall club. . I must go look at that.

9. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Moved to Miami
    Really nice quilted maple top!! I just played one at JiveSound today!

You are 100% right about Jong! He is very helpful and always willing to take time and MOST IMPORTANTLY, listen!!!

Hope to get one in a 4 string in their awesome blue sometime in the not-too-distant future!!

Good luck with yours and many happy hours playing!
    Paul :D