1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mac or pc for basic recording programs

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by keep it low, Mar 8, 2013.

1. keep it low

keep it low

Jan 24, 2013
    Just curious on what you suggest for programs on your preffered computer, im looking for a laptop and while pcs always been cheaper ive heard great things about garageband and the simplicity of mac. I have about 800 to get started and im all set on midi and mics

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    I only have used Mac products since the 80s. I primarily use Pro Tools but I have Logic Pro also.

I have a commercial level studio with a lot of high end gear. Been running my studio since the 80s.

But people have had success with a lot of stuff but Pro Tools is the industry standard.

peace,
    anthony

3. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    If you are recording for yourself you will find that a Mac does very well between Garageband and Logic Pro, and that the price doesn't look so back if you compare prices of Pro Tools and Logic Pro, while comparing plugins included.

Not very popular right now but there also is Ardour and a bunch of open source plugins. Ardour is Unix software and won't run on windows, but they do have a Mac port.

A Mac mini has plenty of processing power for smaller projects.