Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mac Users: Freeware scanning program

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Justin V, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Ok. I've got a Canon CanoScan FB360U and I'm running OS X.3. Are there any apps that I can use for the scanner that are free? I tried Photoshop Elements but the 30 days ran out. Any and all help is MUCH appreciated, I've got like 50 pictures that I need to scan into my computer. Thanks.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If you mean graphic manipulation apps, iPhoto. It came with your Mac :D

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    iPhoto works once I have the images scanned, but it wont let me use the actual scanner to import the images.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    OS X comes with a program called "image capture" that, if I'm not mistaken, works for scanners as well as digital cameras.

Also, I'm pretty sure Graphic Converter(which comes free with every mac) has scanning capabilities as well.

Both these are located (by default) in your "applications" folder.

5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Ok. I figured it out. I just had to install the plug-in into Graphic Converter. I thought that app would do it. Thanks for the help guys.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Does Image capture work too? I'm curious.

7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I can't seem to get Image Caputre to work with my scanner. I don't think it's compatible with my scanner. Or I put the plug in in the wrong place. But Graphic Converter works quite well.