1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Macassar Ebony Neck Blanks

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by lowbass68, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Cleaning out some project stuff I won't be able to complete. So I decided to let these go. I have 2 Macassar ebony planks for sale. Each is 34 1/2 inches long X 3 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick. When I say 1 inch thick, I mean a true 1 inch. These are long enough to make a Fender style neck, but either the headstock would need to be little different, a little smaller or you would need to use some of the "trimmings" to make ears for the headstock. Making ears for the side of the headstock is pretty simple.

These are extremely high grade and very straight. You could play the neck either raw, oiled or finished. I have had these for about 10 years and they have been properly stored the entire time. No Cracks, checking, etc. I just don't have time for building basses any more and would rather play.

Anyway, I will sell for $50 each shipped CONUS, or both for $90 shipped CONUS. I can not ship out of the US as some countries ban certain wood imports without proper documentation. Warmoth sells their Bass Birdseye Maple blanks for $48. And Ebony is much more expensive.

Will entertain trades for effects. Looking for an EHX Pulsar (classic box), Bass Big Muff, Russian Muff, etc.
    Take a look at my profile, if the effect is there I don't need another.

If you have any questions, Let me know.

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
  3. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    :D