Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MacGregor, anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by yawnsie, Aug 22, 2001.

1. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Well, the time has come to finally get rid of the old Laney. My band's singer has been extolling the virtues of an old amp someone he knows has - a MacGregor. Being no gearhead (what singers are?), I haven't actually been able to get hardly any information at all about this amp, apart from "It's better than that piece of...".

So, has anyone here ever had experience of any MacGregor amp at all? Apparently, the company was aroud years ago, but has since gone bust. That's about all I know - any general comments about them at all?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I really never heard that name anywhere.
    And since there apparently is hardly any info available, those amps didn't create much of a stir when they were around.
    If I were you, I wouldn't hunt a ghost, the variety on the market has never been as wide as today.
    And even if you find one and it sounds good, it probably won't have enough power compared to today's models.