Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MACHINE GUN BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GregP203, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that is amazing!!!!!

the first 100 times it was posted

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Welcome to last week...

And last month...

And 3 months ago.......

and the day before that........

and last Christmas vacation.....

And the summer of '69....

3. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I'd still like to watch someone try take that thing with them on a flight.

4. GregP203

GregP203

Jul 1, 2005
    i'm sorry. I'm new to this site. I did a search and didn't come up with anything so I assumed no one here has seen it.
    I guess you guys clicked on the thread just to be sarcastic

5. even I've seen this numerous times and I'm relatively new:( I want one:-D

6. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    thats interesting....but i think i like the "banana bass" better
    [​IMG]

7. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    That is definetly more of a sniper rifle than any kind of machine gun.

8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Guilty as charged. Welcome aboard and don't take it personally. Sometimes this place is more like TalkSarcasm, but that thing has had it's own thread started 3 or 4 times in the past 2 months. There's a regular bunch of folks here who scour e-bay almost constantly, I have yet to find something strange before they have already posted it.

9. 76Tbird

76Tbird

Mar 18, 2003

That is some funny sh*t! This is my fave Mimi quote so far:

what's wrong with this bass? well, besides everything, nothing. a keen observer will notice the chipped and unfilled fretslots in the balsa-like fingerboard and deduce that this piece of crap was once fretted. it is now fretless crap. then there's the functionless X-acto knife pickguard - yuck. to top it all off, there's a mother-of-toiletseat inlay on the headstock -

Mother of toiletseat!? Comic gold. :D

10. Topics should be instantly deleted if their title is all in caps.

11. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Welcome to the forums GregP...well, I've been visiting these forums for over a year and haven't seen that machine gun guitar, so thanks for the good laugh.

You'll find 2 kinds of posters on here: those who have lives, and those who don't. Those of us who have lives would just move on to the next thread if we've read it something like it before. Those who have no life live-and-die on these forums feel it necessary to reply with sarcasm to somebody just trying to share something funny, or pointing out that you used CAPS or whatever.

Don't let Talkbass-snobbery discourage you. Most around here are the good kind. Cheers mate!

12. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Most sniper rifles are a bolt action holding one to three rounds. That thing has about a ten round clip on it. But it does have a scope. Machine guns usually don't have scopes because in full auto mode they will bounce around quite a bit and it would be hard to keep something lined up. But on the other hand, I had a couple of Mini-30's that were scoped. So who knows. It's a weird bird, that's for sure. I would stay away from it unless you are planning to use it for a bass. ;)

13. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I've been coming here for quite a while and never noticed a post on this. Some people just sit around and wait for a post that they can tell everyone has been made before, and most of the time they make a big deal about using the search function. Seems they have nothing better to do.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I think that's got to be the stupidist bass I've ever seen. Good for a lot of laughs!!! :)

14. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Ah, TalkBass - the Internet lobster pot for bassists...

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.