Machine head's bass sound !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Shri, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    Does somone know please what gear the bassist of MAchine head uses???? Bass and amp. I can't find it on the web and i love the sound of his bass (bass + amp actually):D
  2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    As far as I remember.........(for Supercharger)

Zon Basses..Sonus 4 string turned down to "C"

Ampeg Amps.......
  3. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    ok thank you for answering that fast !!!! i went on the ampeg website and didn't see him... but i thought he had an ampeg gear the first time i heard his sound. Maybe a classic SVT.
    thanks again for the answer !!
  4. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    Does anyone know precisely for the amp? What amp Adam Duce is using? :bassist:
  5. He uses Zon Sonus Basses and Ampeg SVT Classic amps with SVT 8 X10 cabs according to bass guitar magazine...
  6. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yep...I'll tell ya for sure when I see them next month!
  7. I think his best bass tone was The More Things Change, that's some seriously dirty growl goin on there. :hyper:

The opening to Take My Scars, when played at high volume, has the power to re-arrange your insides.
  8. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    He shows his bass and his amp and rack stuff on a machine dvd, free with the special edition album ..
  9. He's using a Sansamp PSA-1 together with his Ampeg SVT Classic.
  10. joshwilson3

May 8, 2005
    Anyone know what pickups he uses?
  11. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    If it's a stock Zon... Bartolini's.
  12. I saw them live with Trivium and Chimeara about 2 years ago now.

He was using his Orange Zon Sonus with the one bartolini (MK1?) in the bridge with the one volume knob and switch or tone know (cant remember). From what I could make out of his amps, it was definitely Ampeg. He sounds really good live, even though I don't care much for MH's music.