1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Machine Heads

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by ColonelMitch, Mar 11, 2010.

1. ColonelMitch

ColonelMitch

Mar 11, 2010
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, so a few details: Long time player, first time modifier. My main bass is an old Ricky but I don't like using it for those gigs in, shall we say, dodgier places. As such I'm modifying an old Squier P Bass, a 2001 if memory serves correctly. I've already swapped out the pickup for SD 1/4 Pounders and I've got a Badass Bridge coming in the post. BUT what would be the best machine heads? I'm swapping the chrome hardware for black and matching it up with a black scratchplate.

Is there anything else you can suggest that I could do reasonably easily and cheaply?

Cheers guys!

2. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    Take a look at Hipshot. Nice tuners that aren't too expensive. I just bought some HB7 for a project bass

3. jworrellbass

jworrellbass Commercial User

May 17, 2009
    Colorado Springs CO
    Owner, builder: jworrellbass
  4. ColonelMitch

ColonelMitch

Mar 11, 2010
    Nice, thanks guys.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020