1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Machinist Wanted

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Mar 31, 2006.

1. If there are any machinists here at TB, I would like to make contact concerning a small project of mine. Ultimately, it could lead to a long term relationship. Nothing real complicated and I would rather give the work to someone here.

2. I'm sure I've read of some of you guys around here.

Nobody?:confused:

3. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I've got a buddy who runs CNC machinery. He's made parts for another one of my friends chopper...if you want I can give him the specs and he can turn it around for you in a couple days. Depends on what you need done, of course. PM me if you're interested.

AuG

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    What kind of machinist?

:D

Joe.

5. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    I was a machinist for 5 years but the damm job was shipped overseas. Ohio lost 1/4 million jobs since 2000 mine was one of them.

6. If any of you have a home shop or access to equipment, I'll entertain anything. Reliability and communication are key points for me.

I'm looking for a bass enthusiast with lathe and Bridgeport skills OR lathe, and CNC skills. The pending project I have is to simply true up and turn down the handles on some imported punches and then put a 1/2" machine threads on the barrels. Later projects would be more bass specific and probably a little more complex, but only in detail - not in the processes required for completion.

7. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    I have no CNC skills but have done pretty good work on the Mill and the Lathe. I am not a machinist but calling me a millwright would not be far off the mark.

My access to these tools would be at work...at this point. So simple, occasional stuff would be right up my alley. As long as it was made of steel. My woodworking experience is non-existent.

Or you may want to find a local guy.

If you are interested, let's talk specifics. Trueing, turning and threading are pretty general. And what about finish?

:D

Joe.

8. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Hey Hambone,I've been a machinist since 84,currently repairing jet engine parts for my airline. Let me know specifically what you need done,and I'll see what i can do.