mackie 2600 or 1400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tdogg, Jul 23, 2001.

1. tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    i just wanted opinions on these amps. does any body
    use these? what kind of pre-amp? do they sound good?
    how hard can you push them? i also heard that they
    have their own built in it usable or do
    need an outside unit for biamping? any help is appreciated
  2. tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    p.s. one of the reasons i ask is i saw the bassist
    form perfect circle using them with a line 6 bass pod as a pre-amp......then i started thinking.......(oh yeah....duzz anybody know what kind of speakers she uses?)
  3. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Hey, i have a mackie 1440 that i use with an ampeg svp-pro preamp and an swr 810. I really like the setup, but i suppose i would like anything considering i upgraded from a carvin full stack.
    The 1440 has more than enough power for the 810, and with the preamp cranked, I rarely turn the power above 12 o'clock on the poweramp. Both guitarists in the band have mesa boogie full stacks, and i have no problem being heard through them. It's nice having the option of going stereo should I decide to get effects or anything too. The amp's never overheated or distorted or anything, i've only had it for a few months though, so i can't vouch for reliability. All in all I'm very pleased with it. I would definately recommend getting one if you're considering it.
  4. steinbergerxp2

steinbergerxp2 Guest

Jul 11, 2001
    We had (3) 1400's in the PA, one pushed a pair of full-size Peavey 18" subs for 4 hours at a time. No complaints; the crossover worked fine; we usually sent 120 and below to the 18's.