mackie 2600 or 1400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tdogg, Jul 23, 2001.

1. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    i just wanted opinions on these amps. does any body
    use these? what kind of pre-amp? do they sound good?
    how hard can you push them? i also heard that they
    have their own built in cross-over.....is it usable or do
    need an outside unit for biamping? any help is appreciated

2. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    p.s. one of the reasons i ask is i saw the bassist
    form perfect circle using them with a line 6 bass pod as a pre-amp......then i started thinking.......(oh yeah....duzz anybody know what kind of speakers she uses?)

3. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Hey, i have a mackie 1440 that i use with an ampeg svp-pro preamp and an swr 810. I really like the setup, but i suppose i would like anything considering i upgraded from a carvin full stack.
    The 1440 has more than enough power for the 810, and with the preamp cranked, I rarely turn the power above 12 o'clock on the poweramp. Both guitarists in the band have mesa boogie full stacks, and i have no problem being heard through them. It's nice having the option of going stereo should I decide to get effects or anything too. The amp's never overheated or distorted or anything, i've only had it for a few months though, so i can't vouch for reliability. All in all I'm very pleased with it. I would definately recommend getting one if you're considering it.

4. steinbergerxp2

steinbergerxp2 Guest

Jul 11, 2001
    We had (3) 1400's in the PA, one pushed a pair of full-size Peavey 18" subs for 4 hours at a time. No complaints; the crossover worked fine; we usually sent 120 and below to the 18's.