Mackie SRM 150 as vocal / guitar monitor

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by yamaha, Feb 18, 2010.

1. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    Anyone tried this in a loud Rock & roll band. I THINK it would be good to cover my vocals and hear the guitar a little better, but not sure it gets loud enough.

Anyone have experience with it ?

2. kinclune

kinclune

Nov 27, 2005
    Yes, we have used them in a moderately loud band.

It depends on your overall stage volume as to whether it is loud enough. Our singer uses one and it seems to work okay for vocals, but we never put guitar through it as he has an on stage amp that he uses as his monitor. I previously used one for backing vocals (it was fine for that), but we now have floor monitors (Mackie 350s) that we run all backing vocals through. The drummer uses one right next to him that has a full mix in it - it works good for that, but it is set up right at his ear level.

3. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    The 150 is not very loud , for a small café or an acoustic gig maybe but not with a band.

I still use a SRM450 as my main bass amp. I also pass my vocals in it.
    But I use it less and less often now that I have an RCF..... (and good IEM)

4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Don't buy the Mackie SRM-150. plagued with reliability issues.
    My unit died just outside of warranty and Mackie said tough luck. Problem is I'm not the only one to have issues with this unit.

I won't by buying any ore Mackie/Loud Technologies products.

Attention Mackie: I told you I would and now I am.

BUYER BEWARE

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021