SOLD Mackie tabletop Mixer DL1608 (16-ch, 6 aux, 2 mains) Reduced $250

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Pete Hand, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Price:
    $250
    This is an updated and reduced listing...

This is a tabletop mixer (see the dimensions listing). The rackmount plate is offered at no additional cost except for the additional postage it adds for total weight.

This 30-pin connector version of the mixer has always been mounted on the optional ($100 cost) Rackmount base kit (9 units) and installed in a 10-space Anvil rackcase, so the mixer is in fantastic condition.

For your reference the images show a single rackspace ethernet/WiFi router in the Anvil for the Mackie to allow you to “work the room” remotely by removing the ipad from the mount. This mixer fits any ipad; it already has the optional slide-in bracket for ipad/ipad2. There is an adapter available to change from 30-pin to lightning. The Anvil case and the ipad are not offered for sale here.

While disassembling, I took more pictures of the Mixer and the mounting plate. The images show the power connector is wrapped with tape. I do that to most strain reliefs right away, as reinforcement. For this unit, I also had to trim a bit of the plastic around the strain relief, to feed that cord through the plate to the router plate where I put the powerstrip to run both the Mackie and the router that were in that case.

The mixer features 16 channels, 6 auxiliaries, 2 mains. Product info links here:
    DL1608 Wireless Digital Mixer
    Mackie DL1608
    Mackie DL1608 Frequently Asked Questions | Sweetwater

The Mixer price is $250. That is a local pickup/delivery price. Will ship it at your cost (USPS, this will add about $50 to your price, depending on destination), or you can come to the studio to hear it and pay and take it then. If you want the rackmount baseplate, I am willing to send it along for the cost of the additional shipping (likely another $15).

Mackie 2.JPG

Mackie 3.JPG

Mackie 1.JPG

Mackie dimensions.JPG

00m0m_CeBJLUrmx2_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_9ftGvUWW75l_1200x900.jpg

Mackie mounting plate.JPG

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    I was asked what this looks like without the case. It's a tabletop system. For reference, the packing box is 6" x 18" x 19". The slant of the connector panel makes this easy to use in any orientation and you can store your settings for any venue to recall later. If the WiFi goes down as happens at some venues, it still works fine, and you would simply slip the ipad back into the holder to change settings. You can see the ipad on the music stand, from when I hooked up the pickups I am also selling.

Mackie Box.jpg

Mackie-DL1608_01-tEt9Zc70_S3caus2zuZTGJMmj4cHSzsv.jpg

00t0t_4cwe9hgthmo_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I put a few hundred gigs on one of these. The software is fantastic. Incredibly easy to use. Sound quality is great. Just a great mixer.

This one looks to be a 30 pin model so IPads up to iPad 4 will dock. I had good performance from an iPad 3 with mine

There is a 30 pin to lightning adaptor cable from Apple that works with later gen iPads. There is also a kit from Mackie to upgrade from 30 pin to lightning and reduce the tray size to support the iPad air format. I did that when I upgraded iPads. You don't actually need to do that though as you can connect through an external router anyway.

4. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Thanks for the real life info. Yep, it's a great system; just not using it on gigs any longer and it's a bit much for my studio needs.

5. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    I found the actual unit dimensions, finally, on the box. This all is repriced and better described, for clarity, as well.

Mackie dimensions.JPG

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    great price, wish I needed it!

7. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    I wish I'd learned how to gather all the info, the first time around...

8. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Update: The Anvil case is no longer available.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  9. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Sale pending.

10. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Sold.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021