1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mad Prof. Blueberry OD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jmceachern36, Mar 12, 2013.

1. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Cambridge MA
    Anyone out there using one? How do you like it or why do you not like it. I sold my Dark driving and regret it. Was thinking I might try a Blueberry before I buy a DD again. It's always fun to try new stuff.

2. depalm

depalm Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    As I own a BJFE Blueberry OD, which is now very rare, I'd like to try the MP version but people here told that it doesn't sound like the original one. More highs and not that dark.

I'd also like to try the Dark Driving.

3. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Cambridge MA
    I'd like to try the original one but the one I found for sale was $450. Too much for a pedal that I wouldn't use that much.

4. tried the MP Blueberry and did not like it. Too gainy and fuzzy. Sounded pretty good in the first 10% of the gain knob but after that it was not to my taste.

5. depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Yeah, bought mine for 350 Euros. Really expensive but I love the way it sounds. My only concern is take it to gigs. I'd hate if something happen with it.

6. depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Interesting, I use my BFJE for low drive mostly. I rarely use it on extreme settings. Maybe I could give the MP a try

7. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I keep the gain at 9:00 max, often all the way down on my BJFE but I do play an active bass.

8. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I had a mp version for a while.
    Moved it on as it sounded too much like a fuzz for me