1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mad Proffessor Blueberry Od pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rollin Thunder, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Mar 20, 2017
    wow, just picked one of these up for £75 brand new. Usually £120 plus) Been keeping an eye out for one after it being recommended by somebody on here. I was originally looking at the Carl Martin tube Di, but for this price thought I'd take a punt.

Got to say first impressions, love it, great smooth soft tube overdrive tone on just 8-9 o clock and plenty to go. On full it's gritty but not over the top, not too distorted or fuzzy, but got others that do that and that's not what I wanted.

Used it to drive my big mff as well and it really sweetened that up and brought more definition to it.

Supprised more people not using these or raving about them. Great buy.

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    If the BJFE Blue Berry Bass OD had never been made, the MP version would be really awesome on its own, but the sound of the original is just not there.

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I reckon they were quickly forgotten about when the Bearfoot version came out which was much closer to the original.

rratajski likes this.
  4. It's its own tone, not better or worse, just different.

I was thinking of stacking a BBOD and Muff, so I'm glad to hear that's worked well for the OP with the MP/Muff.

5. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    If I recall correctly stacking a Blueberry into a Muff isn't ideal. Something about the input impedance of the Muff being too low. Josh Broughton added a buffer to the output of his version of the Blueberry for this reason. But whatever works! @Azure Skies does that sound right?

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I agree. I have owned the BJFE, the Barefoot and the Mad Professor versions and I think I like the tone knob on the original BJFE the most. That said, I had the MP version first and thought it sounded great until I got the others.

rratajski likes this.
  7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Totally! The MP has a totally different tone (nature) pot sweep/sound and had way more gain. I liked how gainy it could get, but without that thump from the original, it paled. I would have loved it if I didn't own an original three times.

8. Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Mar 20, 2017
    i did not know about then bearfoot, but its not easily available in the uk. the mad professor has had a good going over this week and i'm l;loving it, even with the drive turned fully ccw you get a great little tube tone. and has a said above on lowest setting it really boosts and gives a cleaner fuzz on my big muff. it does not have loads of low end but some eq sorts that, great pedal recomend it to anyone. (Juno uk £76) Andertons £125.

9. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Joes pedals in the U.K. carries Barefoot.