Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mad Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Raman, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Raman

Raman

Feb 19, 2003
    Montreal, Qc
    Hi,
    Don't know if you caught it when I wrote this in another thread, but I bought a FX25 based on you mentioning it was the "ultimate dub bass effect", plus some samples I'd downloaded (from HC's basseffects virtual gallery).

I've only had a chance to play it with a half-dead battery. But I just got the power supply and will be going for more test runs.

What settings do you suggest for a nice phat tone ? (Not that 2 knobs is extremely complicated, but I may as well start with some idea.)

Another thing : Being into dub, do you have any recomendation for modern dub ? (As in with modern influences, scratching, synths, computer sounds...) I'm looking for new inspiration.

Finally, do you know the French band High Tone ?
    They're what I listen to the most these days. I strongly suggest you check them out if you don't know them already.
    (The album ADN, or the tracks "Taniotoshi", "Ohm" and "Mother Dubber" would be a good start.)

2. Raman

Raman

Feb 19, 2003
    Montreal, Qc
    Thanks. (Double post, no less ! :p )
    I'll check those links out.

How about those FX25 settings ?

3. Well, uh...not much to say? The idea being to set the filter so that it doesn't trigger ending up with only super deep filtered bass. I do lilke to have mine set to trigger if I REALLY dig in. Envelope filters aren't really something that you'd be able to replicate settings on because of all the variables (active, freq. response of your instrument, etc.) Mine is just set with the knobs pointed to 12:00. The newer FXB's don't seem to have the same vibe btw...