Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mad tv or new snl

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by metalgod502, Dec 2, 2003.

1. new saturday night live

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. mad tv

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    which do you like better. mad tv? or new saturday night live. by new i mean after chris farley.

personally i dont like new snl. the old stuff was good but after chris farley it went downhill.

2. well, i like both, but i watch SNL more often. i really dont prefer one over the other, they both get my thumbs up

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Neither. When I feel like watching sketch comedy, I'll gladly take the Kids in the Hall reruns over SNL or MAD.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    During the first seasons, MadTv was way better. Phil LaMarr and the rest of the cast were brilliant. Later, Will Sasso, Alex Borstein and Pat Kilbane were good too. The comedy was fast and witty. Now it's all smut for the sake of smut. The writing has gone way downhill.

SNL's been flat since Phil Hartman left.

By the way, where's Tim Meadows? that guy disappeared...

I get my sketch comedy ya ya's with Monty Python, Blackadder and Absolutely Fabulous.

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

Yep, ever seen the movie Braincandy?

Killer Movie!

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

I think Tim Meadows has his own sitcom that is just starting. Not sure which station??(cbs??)

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yes! It was great.