Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Made a Big Mistake Yesterday

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Oct 12, 2002.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I went to Bass Central. Now I'm gassin for more than I could ever afford. 2 or 3 in particular. MTD 535, Fodera Emporer (my gawd was that one sweet bass) and a Zon Sonus. I wouldnt mind having the Lakland 55-02 either.

The staff there was very cool too. Im the type of guy that doesnt really like to play anything when I know Im not gonna buy anything soon. The staff knew I was'nt gonna buy, nor buy anything any time soon, and they all (including Beaver) kept tellin me to pick stuff up and play. The music stores here, (Sam Ash and MARS) chace you off the 2nd they know you arent going to buy.

I definatly recomend anyone looking into purchasing a new/used bass or amp, definatly look into B.C. Great gear and good prices too. (except for that one Fodera Ive got a woody for, that was $6000) but mmmmmmm was it sweet.

thanks for lettin me hang Gard, and for the pizza too.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Anytime man! Good having you make it over...FINALLY!!!!

(...sheesh, you only live an hour and a half away, y'know...slacker! :p)

:D

Dinner was great, so was the conversation - I sure hope all that nonsense about the clave made sense! Kim says hey, and you're welcome to come over anytime!

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Yesa it is about time I finally made it.

It took me 2.5 hours to get there. damn traffic on 50 and I-4 slowed me down in places. Gettin home only took me 90 minutes though. Oddly enough I went back the same way I came.

The nonsense on the clave made total sense once you wrote it down on the napkin and could actually see what beats got accented. The double thumb thing you showed me is gonna take some work. I was like Johnny dufus when I tried to practice it last night when I got home.

I definatly look forward to the next time. You and the Mrs. are definatly a trip. Hey to Kim as well.

4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    so when do we start palnning the christmas get together? mr.rockstar

5. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    That Fender p-bass is lookin mighty fine