Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Made a quick video of myself

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bardolph, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    It's Victor's version of Norwegian Wood, but I've simplified it a little bit and made some slight changes. It's only one little part of it and I make a little booboo, but it's my first video and I just felt like sharing it with you guys. Angelfire doesn't allow direct linking, so the link has to be copied and pasted with the "?" removed from http.

ht?tp://www.angelfire.com/oz/bardolph/norwegian.mpeg

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Cool, it's still DLing, but I can watch the first 10 seconds of it right now, it's taking a long time. Nice tapping! I can't tap for my life.

3. Sweet tapping man. Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing, your're like 2 months younger than me and I want to see how behind the curve I am. Beautiful Lakland, btw.

4. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Cool video. Makes me want to go practice tapping.

5. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well, it's been about 4 years now. I sort of picked up bass to be in the high school jazz band.

6. *sulks off to practice tapping*.

Excellent work man

7. Quick question - In one or two spots I hear you make sounds like a drummer. How do you do that?

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ^^You mean the thumping and clicking sounds?

9. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well tapping is naturally a more percussive sound, especially if you boost the treble a little bit, which I like to do. I don't know exactly where in the song you are referring to but there are some dead notes where I hit the strings but keep them muted so no note rings out but the strings still make sound.

10. tooljones

tooljones

Apr 19, 2005
    so THAT's tapping...

11. Yes, that's what I was talking about. Thanks.

12. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    doesnt work fo me :(
    EDIT: Nevermind just took like 10 minutes to load...pretty good stuff man!

13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Pretty Good man! I like the sound, and I like the pups :p Not anything bad to say!