1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Made a 'Scale' chart , if anyone interested...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by magnusdeus123, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Well , I wanted to practice out Pacman's scale learning method , as well as be able to make my own versions of playing scales , so I wanted a clean fretboard mapping , which I couldnt find on the net , so I just made one myself . I've posted it online , if it'll be helpfull to someone then it's great . You can map out the notes you want to play on it and so on ;

Here's a sample , click the image to go to the large version of it ;
    1093511414_ccb51d17eb.

I'm looking into making a Chord chart and other things too , since I'm very meticulous about having something to hold onto in physical terms , rather than just reading it on the computer . If this proves to be usefull to some begginners then I'll put that up too . Cheers .

2. jweiss

jweiss Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Park City, Utah
  3. The program seemed awesome , But it did not seem to give me enough freedom . I primarily wanted to be able to fill up the scale notes as I look down upon an empty fretboard . That way , you learn even as your filling up the printed out version .

4. Bass-4-God

Bass-4-God

Feb 19, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I don't see the file to download.

5. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Click the image in the first post of this thread. Then once the image loads on the new page, click again to see the full size version of the file. Then right-click and select Save To File... (or whatever it's called).

6. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do you know about PlayTheBass.com

PlayTheBass.com staff paper and others

It has free .PDF files for all sorts of bass clef staff paper, tab blanks, and cominations with bass neck diagrams.

Stuff is great I haven't bought staff paper in ages, just print what I need on my computer.