1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Made In USA Fender Jazz Bass Neck, w/Graphite Rods and HipShot Tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $399.00
    I got this New Old Stock, 2011 Highway 1, USA Jazz Bass neck from Stratosphere at the beginning of August 2017. The neck was has never been gigged with. It came with cheapy, chrome ferrules and no tuning machines. I am selling it with aged Nickel ferrules and lightly aged, HipShot HB3 Reverse Fender 50s, 60s style tuning machines [at least a $60 - $75 added value]. The headstock holes were bored slightly to accept the vintage style Fender Nickel Ferrules. The original tuning machine template holes were for the Highway and Mexican styled tuning machines.

I did some relic work on the headstock so it better matched the MJT Aged Relic body I purchased the neck for. Selling because I got a Maple board neck to compliment the Alder MJT. Other than that, the board and frets are super clean. No relic'ing was done on the neck playing area or back of the neck. The satin finish on the back of the neck is Super Smooth and the Truss Rod Turns like warm butter :)

No Trade Interest at this time.

PayPal is the prefered method of payment. The neck will come packaged in its original Fender box, shipped via USPS or FedEx Ground (Depending upon where you are in the lower 48 Contintntal US states)

IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1872.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Great feeling necks ....I wish I had the extra scratch. You're always great to deal with, Ace !

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  3. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    Dark Horse likes this.
  4. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    There is no "USA Highway model" neck. It is the EXACT same neck as used on MIA Standard P's.

5. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    @FingerDub - The stamp on the back of the neck says USA. The info on the factory box say Highway 1, Made In The USA. The Stratosphere listing also read USA Highway 1.

6. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    They are just telling you where it came from (what bass it came off of). There is no difference between the Standard and Highway One necks of that time. They did not make a separate neck just for the Highway One. The only differences between those basses were satin body finish and Badass bridge. The Standards had a bent bridge, gloss finish (main pricing difference) and came with a hard shell case. The pricing was only $200 between the 2.

I would feel totally comfortable listing this as a MIA P bass neck, that has the same graphite rods, profile, etc.

7. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Incorrect. I have both. The American Standard has different tuners, different logo, and a high gloss finish. Not a huge difference but it's not an American Standard neck. Also, it's not a P neck...

8. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    What is the difference in the tuners? What year AM standard are you referring to? And why is it not a P neck? Huh?

OP - I totally understand if you don't me to continue here and have no problem leaving the thread.

9. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    It's a 2011 neck. Tuners on the Am Standard are much better quality than stock Hwy 1. And it's not a P neck because it clearly says "jazz" in the OP and the picture.

10. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    Yes, sorry.

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  11. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    The tuners on my 2006 Highway One neck have the MIM hole pattern. So this particular neck is pretty darn good, IMO. Still don't understand why the HWY One's are selling for about $300-$400 less. Same bass with Alder body, downgraded tuners but upgraded Badass II bridge. I also prefer the satin Nitro finish.
    The Highway Ones from 2006 etc sound exact'y like my '66 IMO. (P-Bass, not Jazz). Great neck here, wish I had the scratch, would be sweet on my H1 P-Bass!

mexicant and Alan Ace Cooper like this.