1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Made it to the shop with my American Standard

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by MytBrednec, Jun 26, 2012.

1. I finally got around to getting my old (1951) American Standard to the shop for some setup and repair work. It turns out I need a new fingerboard, which I was not expecting, but the luthier is kindly working with me to keep the cost as low as possible. He is also going to replace the endpin, reset the new bridge I bought and string her up and get her ready for me to start learning on. I am excited!
    I want to give a big thank you shout out to Farmerdude on this forum for turning me on to Bill's Violin Shop in Kansas CIty. He is an outstanding gentleman that is not in the least bit snobbish or judgemental about my lack of all things bass related knowledge. His prices are reasonable and his knowledge pretty vast. PM me for contact info if you so desire!:hyper:

2. bssist

bssist

Jun 23, 2007
    St. Louis, MO USA
    I will be interested to hear of your experiences and the results of the work done on your instrument.

3. I will definitely keep you updated. I think it will be around the 1st of August before my bass returns home. The luthier is headed to a month long bow making and repair class and will be out of town for most of July. Since I let the damn thing sit around in the basement for better than a year before I decided to do something with it, I told him I was in no hurry. There may come a time when I feel pressured to get an instrument back from being repaired in hurry, but with several guitar, a mandolin and 3 fiddles sitting around basically being unplayed, the bass can sit for another month without it stressing me out! ;)