made my morning more interesting!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Apr 9, 2003.

1. I was in the back of the bus, and we started smelling something icky (found out later it was burnt rubber), so we all think that it was probably just from the fiction from the tires to the road, well, when the fumes and smoke started to come up FROM THE TIRES, we were scared... we finally pulled over and got out, with the help of the "OPEN EMERGANCY DOORS" button... we missed an hour and 10 minutes of school (no social studies!) I have a nasty headache from it though... and yeah, we got our bags back, at 12:30! I had a hard time keeping a straight face when i told my teachers that i didn't have my homework because it was in my backpack, which was on a bus about to burst into flames (rear left tire was the main offender, which is VERY close to the fuel tank.). They thought it I was joking, but when the principle came on the intercom saying bus 18 riders will be going on bus 15 tonight because of a tire fire, they just dropped there jaws.

i'm done now
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ah, the simple pleasures of school. live it up now ff, while you can :)
  3. Kind of scary. I never liked busses.:D

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i remember one time my bus got in an accident....we all got to go home

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    My bus hit a lady who ran into the street. It wasn't the bus rider's fault, the lady was j-walking, and it was still pretty dark on this winter morning.

We just got onto another bus as the cops and EMTs were there, and went on to school.
  6. Sorry to hear about your bus incident.,,crazy! I remember those early morning school bus rides..for some crazy reason I would get a woody,, out of the blue, I wouldn't even be thinking about sex and boing there it was. I think it was caused by the vibration from the road or something??????
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    last semester my Car blew up.. when I asked my professor for an extension on one of my papers because I lost all of my research in the fire he said no.. He didn't believe me.. so I turned my paper in a day late along with a picture of the remains of my car... It was kinda cool.. sucked at the time.. but nothing like seeing 20 foot flames shooting out of your car..
  8. I second that - you'll never know how good they are until they're over :)
  9. once my bus ran over a basketball, and it exploded. it was rad.
    that's all.
  10. Once upon a time.....

A bus I was on whacked a kerb and burst a tire, quiet badly. Yet it still continued on it's journey (all 15 miles or more).

On another, the gearbox just packed in halfway down a big (5/6 miles long) hill..... so it just coasted most of the way down it.

Considering I'm on a bus virtually every day to get to college, I have surprisingly few bad-journey stories.

Man, I'm 20 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, yet it takes me more than hour to get there on a bus, surely that's bad enough?
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I have been homeschooled my entire life.

I have not once, EVER stepped foot on a school bus.
  12. On my bus one day the Bus driver pulled us over on the high-way and lectured us about Throwing stuff, Standing in the bus, and Smoking or burning stuff on the bus for atleast an hour. And like 5 times later during the school year she would pull over on the high-way, yell at us for standing on the bus, throwing something or Smoking or burning something on the back of the bus. And for the smoking part only once was some dumb kid burning stuff on in the back of the bus. The rest of the times must have been her imagination because noone did anything. Man that lady was crazy. Peace
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Nothing cool ever happens on my bus... but we do here about other busses getting in wrecks with the driver has the CB turned up... funny stuff.
  14. Man that happens in school all the time,

My thoughts-"DA DA DADA HEY!!... man this is freaking boring, Hmm what am I gonna do after School today, Huh what the...WHOA THERE DOWN BOY DOWN!!! COLD SHOWERS AND CHAIRS, mmm I'd like to see Mrs. Livingston (A really hot teacher at my old school) in a cold shower...NO NO STOP IT AHHHHH!!!!"
    Teacher-"Eric, ERIC!!!"
    Me-"Huh what, its B"
    Teacher-"No, Come up here and get your textbook"
    Me-"Oh ok" so I proceed with my hand in my pocket trying to hold it down... Ill stop there.
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I just breathe deeply and think of freestyle motocross. That solves the problem within a few seconds... I tried to think about bass, but that made it worse...
  16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    you poor poor thing

17. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I rode the redneck bus home. It was horrible...there were race fights all the time. Not to mention all of the recneck trash wh#%$s perfoming an specific act on the bus. Gosh that was aweful..I just sat there and looked straight.
  18. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Dude, I know there'a lot of pot smokers in Vancouver, but that is just beyond belief! :D
  19. Our school is set down in a small depression, and the road to it starts out VERY steep. We always wondered if a bus would flop on it side if it cut the corner.

By the way, it does.:D

I wasn't on the bus, and no one got badly hurt, though one kid sprained his knee. They all got to go home to "relax and calm down" while we got to walk out to the road to get on the buses, as a school bus on it's side in the middle of the road is a really big obstacle to drive around.

Rock on
  20. when my oldest was in 5th grade his bus caught on fire because of an oil leak. that was scary.