Made the Americana Top 40 (WOOOHOOO)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe_Atlanta, May 8, 2004.

1. My personal standard of success is to play interesting music with good players for an appreciative audience. I currently play with four bands that pretty much do that. However, it is gratifying to get some outside recognition.

My roots country/rock band, Kate James and Lost Country, broke into the Americana top forty playlist last week. It's a nice little ego thrill to see our name listed with such stars as Sam Bush, Garcia/Grishman and Norah Jones. We'll playing next at Jake's on May 27th, opening for Billy Joe Shaver .
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
  3. Congrats, Joe! That is great. And, so is the band.. I seen 'em!
  4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I think you should tell Billy Joe that since you are in the top 40 and he is not, that he should open for you :D;)

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, man, that's awesome. congratulations. :hyper:
  6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Great news, I'm so happy for you!!

Norah Jones, so do they have bass at Indian Music Festivals? Oh, sorry I was thinking Anoushka ...
  7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Congrats you sellout. ;) :D
  8. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
  9. right up there with Mark Hoppus now ain't ya!! teehee! :oops: :cool:

congrads man, keep on rockin', and best of luck to ya, and everyone else, really!! :smug:
  10. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congratulations, next stop the Top 10.
  11. Thanks for the congrats, folks. If nothing else, I got a screen shot of the top 40 page for my scrap book. Like I told my wife, this and $1 will get me a cup of coffee. :meh: Anything else that comes from this is really a roll of the dice (although the band is working hard to capitalize: Kate and Bill are touring east coast Americana stations this month). One interesting thing is that we apparently are getting some air play in Europe and there is a possibility of a tour there.
  12. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Oh well, so much for keepin' it real. :rolleyes:

CONGRATS!!!!!! That's great! :hyper: