Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Made the decision, what next?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Macbeth56, May 12, 2004.

1. Ok, after a few months of saving up, I get up to 1,000. Comes the time for a big decision. A american series jazz bass, or a musicamn stingray.
    My decision-

4 string, MIM Fender Jazz.

Why?

Because I move around so much when I play, and things like that, it was really hard to throw down 1,000, when I will be needing a car soon also. What things should I buy to add to it to make it a better bass. First of all, I am thinking of buying a badass bridge, whats next after that?

What do you think of my decision, and also, waht shall i add now?

2. Why add something ?

If you just got it and want to build it up to,.....what a MIA Jazz bass ?

3. i just want to change a few things that would make it a little better. nothing drastic.

4. Good move, the fender standard bridge is a piece of junk.

5. just a question, but if you want the badass bridge, why not look at the Geddy Lee jazz? that has a badass bridge and a few extra features, and half the price of a MIA jazz.

just a suggestion...

Charlie

6. you could buy a badass or gotoh 201 bridge. that would be a good start, it is amazing how much a nice bridge can improve a basses overall sound.

7. why not look into a CIJapan fender? You can get many sig-models CIJ (geddys, Millers, Jaco plus more likely), these have great build qualities, good reviews, and US pickups! :)

fair enough it's probably around $200 more :meh: but you could end up spending that much if you buy a new bridge/strings/pups for your MIM!

8. I would go for a Marcus Miller. You can pick one up used for a good price. I wouldn't start adding a bunch of stuff to the MIM.