Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

made the mistake: Played an Orange

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nysurf2772, Sep 23, 2005.

1. nysurf2772

nysurf2772

Jun 20, 2005
    crap!

I played an Orange today and confirmed it was THE tone I've been looking for.....

really expensive!!!

Would a Traynor YBA200 get me part of the way towards that sweet tone?

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Did you try it with the orange cabs?

3. nysurf, i did the same exact thing that you did. and also have the same question obout the traynor.

:bawl: i wish i had the money for an orange head :bawl:

4. nysurf2772

nysurf2772

Jun 20, 2005
    I didn't play throught the orange cab, but some sort of nice 2X15 (bergentino?)

5. wyrtti

wyrtti Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    I feel for you...

I did the same thing on tuesday. Tried an Orange with a Sansamp 4x10. Had to go back on wednesday with my own bass to check it out...sounded even better.

Oh well, tomorrow I'm going to check our various Ampeg all tube thingies...and a Monster (a local delicacy, 130W with tone to die for (so they say)).

But the Orange had such lovely growl with my Warwick. Yummy, fat, growly and, well, singing tone. I just wish it had a power-amp in, for more options. I feel I might need a different tone at times and that would be when a different preamp would come into play. I guess we just can't have it all...

(I too put in a call to the local Yorkville distributor about the Traynor...hasn't called back yet)

tubes tubes tubes aaaaargh

6. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE

OH MAN! I want on orange to match up with my bergie. The NV series are the best when it comes to tube heads.

7. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The Traynor is a completely different sort of animal than the Orange. Sure they are both all tube, but they sound very different. The Traynor comes closer to SVT than Orange.