madison speakers 4x8?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Oct 8, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i know jauqo helped design this bad boy, so i trust it'll have some booty. size and weight look nice as well.

anyone have any idea how much these go for? i can't find pricing info for their stuff anywhere.
  2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    so whats the deal with madison? are they another avatar just putting any driver in a premade box?
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    wow...the price is right!!!

augh...any thoughts on this vs. the avatar 112?

i'll probably do both, but the 4x8 would probably be a better standalone cab?

anyone heard one of these? i suppose i should PM jauqo shouldn't i?
  4. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I've was considering purchasing 2 of them for a mock 8x8 (price is right), but I set about building my own cabs instead.
  5. if any one buy's one let me know what the sound like please.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    That price is killer! I am going to buy one! If everything that is said about them is true, I don't think I could loose. It would make a great practice/small gig cab, especially with my Walkabout. Definitely more versatile than a single 12". I love the sound of 8's. I would go for it:D
  7. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Im hopefully selling my 4x10 this weekend, ill have enough for 2!!!! Jauqo, how good is it? I am VERY interested...
  8. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I'd like to hear what jaquo has to say... looks like a lot of cab for a small price.
  9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    man i havent heard from jauquo in a long time. i normally get PM's from him pretty often.i will have to give him a call and make sure he's ok.

from when i talked to him last... that 4x8 kicks butt!
  10. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm gonna order it rrrrrrrrright now.

here goes nothing!
  11. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    I just recently purchase their MAB103 and was not satisfied at all, the sound was ok, but the construction of the cab was very poorly done. They didn't put any effort in their quality, the carpet covering was of the cheapiest/thinest you could find, you could see the seams all over the back of the cab, I could even see the plywood under the carpet on one of the seams. I would never buy another cab from this company. I don't know anything about the 8's, but I do hope it's better quality than the 210's their selling, since one of the TB's was involved in the construction.

12. Fishface

Jul 26, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    When you get it in, let us know how you like it. I am really interested in their cab's (they are in my price range) & would like to know how they sound & if they can handle a low B.

Good Luck!!
  13. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    uh oh...

got an email from the guys at discount music..

it's $219 + $35 shipping, their website is wrong.

so...looks like it's the avatar 112 for right now, i think i'll get one of these in the near future though.