1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Madonna Hard Candy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Belka, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Belka

Belka

Dec 10, 2003
    Kiev, Ukraine
    I had the pleasure of having to go into work this morning, and when I finished, my wife picked me up. Anyway, she had bought Madonna's latest album (Hard Candy), and it was playing in the car when she collected me. There is one song on there (track 9, Dance 2night) which has a cool bassline played on what sounds like a 70s jazz. Anyone know what the bass is and who might be playing it? if anything it sounds maybe a bit more super jazz (Sadowsky, Alleva Coppolo) than Fender. The track is a Timbaland production if that helps. I'd bet it's an ash body / maple neck combo as well.

Just wanted to find out as the tone and bassline kill. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the album as a whole actually.

Paging the ash / maple guys... Come in KJung...

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Wow, you can tell the woods from one listen?

3. Belka

Belka

Dec 10, 2003
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Lets call it an educated guess. I could be wrong. In fact I'd love it if I was wrong, but have a listen to the track yourself and see what you think.