Maestro OB-1 Octave Box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Holy War, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Whos got one or has played one? I hae an opportunity to pick one up but dont know a lick about them. Thanks for the help!

2. I'd love one. Saw one over on TGP for a pretty good price. Was thinking about grabbing it but decided against it :(.

3. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    what can I expect out of it? Does suck the tone? etc etc?

4. No idea...I just seem to be attracted to mojo :meh:.

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    :D

I think Im going to get it, just waiting back to hear from the owner. Should be mine this week

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Shaker Heights, OH
    i had a friend that built a clone. he said it didn't track that well. but don't take my word for it.

7. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Ya, I just dont want to buy it just because its looks and majesty woah me. I wish I could find some clips of it somewhere

8. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I have one but I don't think she is working properly. As far as I can tell it has pretty short sustain unless you run a hot compressor in front of it. The octave signal is also filtered very heavily so it's a pretty dark octave sound, not a dirty synthy sound. Tracking is ok on higher notes but very glitchy low down. It's a decent pedal for the vintage coolness factor but not for all around octave divider usefulness. I'd like to hear from someone who has played one that is known to be working well. I'm not sure if mine is working correctly or if the short sustain is normal. Also, it uses an IC that was obsoleted in 1975 and may be hard to come by in case of need for repair.