MAG new & improved!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Sep 16, 2003.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000

wow this little one is supposed to smoke!

great work ASHDOWN!!
  2. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ..And it's available as rackmount version too! I might be upgrading! :eek:

Seems like they have redesigned most of their range. ABM amps are now EVO-II's, the ABM-range has new Compact cabs, the EB-series has 180w head..
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, it's not nearly as ugly as the old ones.
  4. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I've always thought ashdown looked odd. maybe it depends on retro looking tastes or non-american design sensibilities? I'm sure some of the american "hitech" audio designs look too cold or impersonal to other cultures.

but I've always been attracted to VU meters.
  5. jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    Whats the big difference between this one and the old MAG's? I have a MAG 400 head, which is 100 more watts than that 300, it seems to have identical controls, the only difference being those side vents. I really dont see a reason for MAG has dual speed controlled fans and never comes even close to overheating, i'd say the vents are just for looks.

By the way, the MAG 400 was retired almost a year ago, I just stumbled over one on Ebay about six months ago.
  6. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    I think the ashdowns look fantastic, they look really heavy duty and rugged to me, good british engineering:)
  7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I just saw another manufacturer that is notorious for putting out copies of other company's products send out a product launch announcement for a 300W bass amp very similar...down to the VU meter! I won't name any names though...
  8. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    oh yeh, the one im getting in a few months:D