mah new rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trevor.A, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    Here she is:
    Traynor YBA200
    And heres my bass. It's an ESP B205FM
    Sorry for the huge crappy pics
    Just came in a couple days ago :)
    I really love the sounds this thing can make. I was worried it would be too overdriven from what I've heard, but I think I may be one of the few people here who really likes the way this head sounds with the stock tubes. It can get very nice and dirty, but not too much. It's perfect, exactly what I was looking for. And loud (notice the master volume, thats for my bedroom), I haven't really got to see all it's got yet though. :D
  2. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Looks nice, I'd like to hear more about this Traynor. Seems to be the new Kustom Groovebass for best bang for the buck amp
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I hear that the Traynors have GREAT tone especially once you re-tube them, but are not especially loud. Certainly loud enough for practice and small to medium sized gigs, but fall short on larger gigs where more watts are required. But for medium and below, the concensous says it's a winner!
  4. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Love your esp dude great finish do they still have tht finish btw? I havn't seen it anywhere else?
  5. Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    It's see-through black cherry, it's actually a very deep red. I can't get a good pic of it, but I love it. I'm sure it's still available.

I feel the amp was a great deal, especially for a new all tube amp. I'm getting plenty of volume and the tone is phenomenal. Same goes for the cab.
  6. shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    they still have the see thru black cherry finish on the LTD B-255!
  7. do you play in a band? what amps do the guitarist(s) have and how does it match up. im very interested in a similar setup.
  8. Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    Our guitarist uses a 100w 1/2stack (SS), but he can't play right now because he fell off a roof and broke his arm. My brother has a 130w tube amp I can compare it to though. Like Quadzilla said, it's got enough volume for medium gigs (JW: What exactly does everyone consider 'medium'? couple 100?)
  9. Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    its great. IMO exactly what an overdrive should sound like. it can get very dirty, but still has plenty of clarity and definition. the stock tubes are pretty high gain. what style of music do you play?
  10. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Your pics came out fine by me, brah, and I liked the fact that they were huge. I got a real good look at your Traynor... nice... and that purty geetar of yours... very nice.

Rock on, dude! :bassist: