1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mahler Grooves

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bowman, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Bowman

Bowman

Oct 29, 2009
    Lubbock, TX
    Does anyone have/ know where to get a Mahler Grooves sticker? I saw once one on the score of leonard bernstein's Mahler 6 score and have wanted to know if they are still around ever since. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Out of curiosity, what is the story behind this?

3. gotrombones

gotrombones

Jul 6, 2011
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Well the Symphonies do have some great grooves! ;)

5. Yes, I read that.

I think it's hilarious, really. Instead of "Mahler Lives" as the article suggests, Mahler doesn't just live on in musical and symphonic repertoire, but Mahler Grooves.

I actually saw the New York Philharmonic play Mahler's Fifth with Emmanuel Ax as a pre-symphony soloist a few months ago. It was Emmanuel's 100th performance with the Philharmonic, so that was pretty special to see. I saw him play a Debussy piece that I really enjoyed and another impressionist piece I don't particularly like. But I feel as if I would have had more time to listen to it, I would have been able to appreciate it a little better. But Mahler's fifth required no pre-listening, it just comes right out and grabs you. I wish I could hear it again soon--it was a great experience and the final bars were absolutely visceral. I can see why Leonard Bernstein was buried with his copy of the score.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021