Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mail around some of those Rocktek Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tplyons, Apr 19, 2005.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I had an idea to do to these Rocktek pedals to do a "Buy a Wish" type thing. But this would require the donations of people who bought the pedals for a few bucks but don't really like them. Who would be interested?

It would go something like this:
    - Pedals donated to TB by owners, mailed to me.
    - Compile a list of interested parties over the course of a period of a week or so.
    - Each person gets the box o' pedals for about a week to do as they please, except break them.
    - And lastly, either the pedals can go back to their original owners, or we can sell them here on TB or eBay and send Paul the profits.

Who's in? We need donations first!

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Dude, count me in. How much and who do I send it to?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was hoping to have the pedals donated as they're no longer available. Since enough of you guys bought them, I would hope that some of you just plain don't like them.

I'd like to avoid dealing with cash right now.

4. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    You can count me in also I just recently traded some old straps for a rocktec EQ pedal from Subversivepinko and Im willing to donate it if you PM me your addres I will try and get right on it as long as I am added to the testing list as well ;)

5. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Oh and also I would be happy to donate the profit to this fine establishment

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Okay, looks like we have a Rocktec EQ Pedal... what else is out there and who's willing to get rid of one?

7. SubversivePinko

SubversivePinko No use for an ironic title

Feb 19, 2005
    Bellingam, WA
    Ah, I'm glad you've come along to absolve my guilty conscience! I'm glad my old pedal will be making the rounds. :bassist:

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not a rocktek, but if something gets sent to me I'll add a Danelectro Danecho.

It's taking up space now and wouldn't mind letting others fool with it.

9. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i have no rocktecs i would defenetly be in for doing a temp swap with sombody for my Digitech bass squeeze or Synth Wah... it dosent have to be a rocktec for this swap im talking about...

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think it would be best if one person handled the list order, gathered the "test" effects, reviewed them and then shipped to the next person. Have a limit of say two weeks to review the effects and then pay to ship them to the next person on the list.

Since Tplyons is a mod it might be best to send all the gathered effects to him to start.

11. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i have really been thinking about this hard, and its really hard for me to test pedals here, because i say bass effects and they say "what?" so im in for a "lets mail around any kind of pedals" thing...

If this is seroulsy going to be done, i say when the pedals are shipped to a different person, the person who shipped them last gets contact info to the oner (ie. email, phone # & home address incase one goes missing)

12. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Its great that everyone wants to contribute but I think it would be best if we stuck to one brand (rocktek) so we can really judge the quality of this brands pedals.

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Elliot's got a point -- Only Rocktek this time around, and maybe we'll do a Danelectro round sometime soon in the future. Hard to keep track of more than one at a time. :-D

How it will go down-
    1. Everyone interested emails me (tim@tplyons.com) with their mailing address, phone number and username. (Donations welcome as well, they'll be used to buy missing pedals and/or donate to Talkbass) Limited to 30 members.
    2. A list will be compiled and sent to each member.
    3. I will mail the pedals to the first person on the list. (The pedals will make their round based on location (sorry, continental USA members only))
    4. Each member keeps the pedals for a week, and ships them on to the next member, posts the tracking number in this thread, and posts reviews here as well.

Any more questions? Donations, etc?

14. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I think the hard part will be finding people who actually have rocktek pedals , because so far its just me :meh: