1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mail order question - Any experience with Music 123?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pokerstar, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone has any experience ordering a bass from Music123? I can't find what I am looking for locally and they appear to have what i want!

Thanks much!

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Music123 and MusiciansFriend are all part of the same company.

3. Thanks! Appreciate the info.

4. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

Mar 22, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I bought a case from them a few years ago. No problems. That's different from a bass but... yeah.

5. keithbroussard

keithbroussard Supporting Member

I prefer to use Zzounds for what it's worth...

6. Winfred

Winfred

Oct 21, 2011
    Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, Music123, and Woodwind Brass, are all the same company.

7. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Yes, I've bought a bass from them before. No problems whatsoever. Fast delivery - took like 2 or 3 days if I remember correctly.

8. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    I bought a bass from them a couple of weeks ago. Smooth as Pie. Great deal, fast shipping. Good luck!

9. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    meh. Find a local store or drive to the nearest GC/SamAsh.

10. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    For some of us, the nearest GC/Sam Ash is a 3+ hour drive, and once we get there, we find that the bass we came to see isn't a stocked item. Having said that, if you can't find it locally and you can buy it at Sweetwater, then buy it at Sweetwater.

11. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    +1000 I bought two guitars from Sweetwater this year and it was a great experience. Great price, selection and above all else, customer service.

12. samson3382

samson3382

Apr 26, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    I've been very happy with Sweetwater.

Orangeclawhammr likes this.
  13. +1, big fan. Want to try Sweetwater when the opportunity arises.

Orangeclawhammr and eldoryder like this.
  14. The bass i am looking for is pretty backordered most places - I missed my opportunity at Music 123, so i am waiting more now! :) Thank everyone for the info.

15. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    Music 123, AMS and Musician's friend and a few others are good mail order music stores ... I have dealt with them all and I was happy with the transactions.

16. I bought an SWR megoliath 810 from music123 in 2002 and it arrived safe and sound. With free shipping!

17. Thanks!