Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mainstream bands & song titles.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jan 1, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ive noticed a few things over the last few weeks. a couple of mainstream bands have named songs that are relevant to their lives behind the music. for example

Limp Bizkit- Behind Blue Eyes. this may be a cover of 'The Who's' song, but think about it. Fred durst has deep blue eyes. 'no one knows what its like to be a bad man behind blue eyes' and fred is a rather controversial man.
    Now both of the australian idol finalists have relased a single. Guy Sabastian, the winner, released a single called 'angels brought me here'. He won, and angels brought him there? During the series of Australian idol, I heard guy say 'angles brought me here' alot. i get the feeling that he is implying that he couldnt have won australian idol without angels?

today i saw Shannon Nolls single. Shannon is the runner up, and his single is a cover aswell, titled 'what about me', as if to imply that every one has focused on guy, and forgotten about him.

can anyone else relate to what im saying, because im having a hard time trying to get my thoughts out here, or am i just making a total jacka** outta myself? :D

Cheers
    -Kirbo

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    eh? well I'd say that as far as song titles go, Many artists write songs based on what's going on in their lives, or experiences they've had, so it makes sense that the title would be related.

3. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ha, yeah, but what im trying to explain is really hard to describe... like did limp bizkit cover the song 'behind blue eyes' because they like it, or because fred has deep blue eyes, and limp bizkits front man, IS fred, and did shannon noll cover 'what about me' because everyone had been focusing on the winner, and not the runner up.

4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I think this thread's just an excuse for you to gush about Fred's dreamy eyes.*

*I find Fred Durst to be repugnant; use of the word "dreamy" in conjunction with him is done so only to illustrate a point, in this, case, Kirby's undying devotion to the bad man behind blue eyes.

5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Michael Jackson's newest single is "Just Give Me One More Chance." Honest.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Funny, I heard it was going to be "Music in A Minor."

...I'm horrible, I really am. :D

7. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

Oh my god, that is so bad...but so good aswell!

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...and then there were the simple daze of paternity suits & "Billie Jean".

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Agreed...how 'bout Jaco's "Crisis"?
    Or on a lighter side-
    "Barbary Coast" or "Liberty City"?

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ;) Well I didn't say ALL artists.

I know some cats just like to title things whatever they want.