1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Major bloated GAS attack!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BlizzardBass, Mar 28, 2009.

1. I have never heard of these before until I saw the banner ad. This looks really slick. Anyone ever tried one before? Clover is the brand.

argo5_bb01.

2. jazzboi

jazzboi

Jan 10, 2008
    Hungary
    I was fortunate enough to hear and play not this model,but the Avenger 5 walnut. It is a marvellous instrument,really tight sounding,with plenty of growl,and really balanced and clean sound. The neck feels really good too. My only problem with it is I have to wait so long to get one in Hungary. :) But otherwise its a mighty fine instrument.

Sadly I haven't got any impression about the Argo 5 model you've mentioned above,but I think that should be a superb instrument as well..

Hope it helped you a little,take care!

3. I've lusted after a Clover Argo5 for a while, but have never seen one in the flesh. The Australian distributor is a local luthier who only lives 15min from me, but I have never been able to get him to return my phone call.

We get a lot of UK music magazines over here and I have seen lots of adverts for Clover and great reviews of Clover basses in them. Obviously they'd be better known in the UK/European markets than the US, where you have so many high profile local manufacturers.

They come equipped with Delano pickups, which I know a couple of local bass players are using and they rave about them.

There's a couple of reviews on Harmony Central: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/brand/Clover

Cheers

Andy in Oz

4. Oh and the Argo5.2 (P/J) and 5.1 fretless are the ones that float my boat visually. I'm sure you can guess which is which :D

argo5_tb01_02.

argo5_tb01.

Andy in Oz