Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Major EDEN GAS Attack!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Well i just keep hearing about Eden all over the place and so i definately and desperately need to check one out. I'm waiting for my guitar center to finally get one in stock, they are taking too long. Until i get to try one out, and Eden is currently at the top of my list for amps to buy, i have a question about the sound. I would figure that it sounds most like Aguilar. So if someone could compare Aguilar to Eden for me, that would definately help me out lots. I figure if all works out and i die for the Eden tone, i will match it with some sort of XLT cab. Haven't decided on whether 410 or 210. I was thinking WT-800 but if i did that, and got a 4 ohm 410XLT cab, i wouldn't get as much out of it, and if i wanted to add a cab later, it would be less power at 8 ohms. I could get the Navigator Preamp and a QSC RMX poweramp and that would take care of ohm wattage problems. Would a 4 ohm 410XLT take care of any venue i would play? How does the Aguilar sound compare to the Eden? On a small side note, which 210 holds down a gig better, GS210 or 210XLT?

2. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    A little note on adding another cab later. The WT-800 has two seperate power amps, both put out 400 watts at 4 ohms. So if you get a 4 ohm 410XLT now, adding another 4 ohm cab won't be a problem.

3. Oh i know that, but i know that if i get an 8 ohm i can run it in bridged mono and get 800 watts. So that's why i asked if 400 watts and one cab would be enough for any gig i should choose to play until i later decide to add another cab.

4. 400w into a 4ohm cab is enough for most medium-sized gigs. For anything larger you need either a 4ohm 8x10 only on one side, or two 4ohm 4x10s, one on each side.
    I reckon that going an 8ohm cabinet for the sole purpose of bridging might leave you with no-where else to go should you need to upgrade.

I kinda think the Eden sound is almost a combination of GK and Ampeg - lotsa bite and cleanliness but with underlying balls and a bit of warmth.