Major EDEN GAS Attack!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Well i just keep hearing about Eden all over the place and so i definately and desperately need to check one out. I'm waiting for my guitar center to finally get one in stock, they are taking too long. Until i get to try one out, and Eden is currently at the top of my list for amps to buy, i have a question about the sound. I would figure that it sounds most like Aguilar. So if someone could compare Aguilar to Eden for me, that would definately help me out lots. I figure if all works out and i die for the Eden tone, i will match it with some sort of XLT cab. Haven't decided on whether 410 or 210. I was thinking WT-800 but if i did that, and got a 4 ohm 410XLT cab, i wouldn't get as much out of it, and if i wanted to add a cab later, it would be less power at 8 ohms. I could get the Navigator Preamp and a QSC RMX poweramp and that would take care of ohm wattage problems. Would a 4 ohm 410XLT take care of any venue i would play? How does the Aguilar sound compare to the Eden? On a small side note, which 210 holds down a gig better, GS210 or 210XLT?
  2. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    A little note on adding another cab later. The WT-800 has two seperate power amps, both put out 400 watts at 4 ohms. So if you get a 4 ohm 410XLT now, adding another 4 ohm cab won't be a problem.
  3. Oh i know that, but i know that if i get an 8 ohm i can run it in bridged mono and get 800 watts. So that's why i asked if 400 watts and one cab would be enough for any gig i should choose to play until i later decide to add another cab.
  4. 400w into a 4ohm cab is enough for most medium-sized gigs. For anything larger you need either a 4ohm 8x10 only on one side, or two 4ohm 4x10s, one on each side.
    I reckon that going an 8ohm cabinet for the sole purpose of bridging might leave you with no-where else to go should you need to upgrade.

I kinda think the Eden sound is almost a combination of GK and Ampeg - lotsa bite and cleanliness but with underlying balls and a bit of warmth.