1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Major G.A.S...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by west*coast*bass, Mar 18, 2010.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I want...

JB_Royal_Purple_RW.gif

Does anyone have info on these as far as playability and tone? And where are they priced? I checked Musicians Friend and they don't have this particular model (with the pickguard and control plate) in stock.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Hey Mark,
    Jim's Music down here in OC (Tustin) stocks these... But I've never played one. As far as J basses you know where I stand. Not much help, I know.

3. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks, and yes - I know where you stand on the J Bass front!!

Hope to see you soon.

4. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I'll stop in and check it out for you... Maybe then I can give a decent review. Love the color on that pic!

Ya man, let's get this GTG going!

5. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks! As far as the GTG...we'll get it rollin' soon. There have been some setbacks on the location.

6. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Cool, sounds like a good hang.

Dan K.

7. Mark, Guitar Man in NYC has one. Matt (the owner) is a good guy and a friend of mine...

http://www.guitarmannyc.com/GuitarMan/G%26L_JB_Fullerton_Red.html

I'd be surprised if TrueTone over in Santa Monica doesn't stock those. They have a pretty good relationship with G&L, IIRC, but their pricing inhales sharply and creates suction.

8. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Hmmm...I wonder if he can get a purple one.

9. Matt can, I'm sure. He's in very tight with G&L, and you won't get hosed the way TrueTone will surely do you....

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020