Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Major GAS pains...*ouch*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Aug 23, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately I don't have any pics, but oh man..went to the local music store (one of them anyway) to check out some cases and there she was :eek: *ANGELS SINGING* A *GORGEOUS* Amber Quilted Maple Modulus 5'er with gold hardware. $2999 though :( This store is one of the stores that only has like Ibanez, Fender etc.. so I was suprised to see such a high-end bass in the store. Apparently they got it from the Mars "Going-Out-of-Business" sale, so I'm assuming its been sitting there for a while..

But Oh Man..what I wouldn't give for that bass..anyone got $3000 I can borrow? :D

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sorry, no cash to lend, but Modulus fivers can be found used for around $1100-1500 all the time. Check out www.bassgear.com or the TalkBass classifieds-they're around fairly often.

3. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately I don't have $1100 either right now :) I just got a Cort Artisan B4FL from Ebay for $350 and even that was pushing it right now. Not really in the market for a 5 at the moment anyway, it was just very tempting anyway :) I've never even played a modulus..I didn't want to play this bass. I was afraid that if I did I would only have 1 kidney right now because I would've sold it to get the money :)

4. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Did it look like this one?

I got this from Mars for $1500 new when they went out of business. Sold it to someone here too about 4 months ago.[​IMG]

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yup, just like it. Hmm thats quite a price markup.. you got yours for $1500, and this place is selling it for $2999

Oh well, right now I have a modded Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 (replaced electronics and bridge). While its a really nice bass and I'll probably keep it forever, if I'm going to spend like $1500+ range for a bass, I need to earn it. And right now with how much I practice and the level I'm at after 2 years, I don't deserve it *lol*