1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Major GAS pains...*ouch*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Aug 23, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately I don't have any pics, but oh man..went to the local music store (one of them anyway) to check out some cases and there she was :eek: *ANGELS SINGING* A *GORGEOUS* Amber Quilted Maple Modulus 5'er with gold hardware. $2999 though :( This store is one of the stores that only has like Ibanez, Fender etc.. so I was suprised to see such a high-end bass in the store. Apparently they got it from the Mars "Going-Out-of-Business" sale, so I'm assuming its been sitting there for a while..

But Oh Man..what I wouldn't give for that bass..anyone got $3000 I can borrow? :D

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sorry, no cash to lend, but Modulus fivers can be found used for around $1100-1500 all the time. Check out www.bassgear.com or the TalkBass classifieds-they're around fairly often.

3. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately I don't have $1100 either right now :) I just got a Cort Artisan B4FL from Ebay for $350 and even that was pushing it right now. Not really in the market for a 5 at the moment anyway, it was just very tempting anyway :) I've never even played a modulus..I didn't want to play this bass. I was afraid that if I did I would only have 1 kidney right now because I would've sold it to get the money :)

4. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Did it look like this one?

I got this from Mars for $1500 new when they went out of business. Sold it to someone here too about 4 months ago.[​IMG]

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yup, just like it. Hmm thats quite a price markup.. you got yours for $1500, and this place is selling it for $2999

Oh well, right now I have a modded Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 (replaced electronics and bridge). While its a really nice bass and I'll probably keep it forever, if I'm going to spend like $1500+ range for a bass, I need to earn it. And right now with how much I practice and the level I'm at after 2 years, I don't deserve it *lol*