Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Major GAS: Schroeder and Yorkville...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by haujobb, Sep 1, 2005.

1. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Yorkville XS800H powering Schroeder 310212, am I crazy? Will the Yorkville do the Schroeder justice?

2. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    The XS800H Yorkville should be a fine match for that cab.
    Rezdog

3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I would ask Jorg Schroeder that question if I were you. You might not have enough power. The 310212 is rated@ 2100 watts rms, you wont have any headroom.

4. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    What amp would you suggest to run with the 310212?

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
  6. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Also a QSC PLX 2402 would work nice. I am asuming that this cab requires a seperate pre-power setup. On the other hand, Jorgs cabs are very efficient and you may not need that much power to run them, but a little headroom never hurts. 500 watts is plenty of power for my Schroeder 1212 which is rated at 1000 watts.

7. i think anything over 1000 is probably going to be too much for most bass players in bands unless your doing a stadium show and want every note to be heard FLAWLESSLY

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Why do you need the 310212? I think a better match may be that Yorky with the 21012.

9. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    Sorry, I thought you meant the 21012. I misread the cab designation. For the bigger cab you may want a little more wattage. But as stated above Jorg will set you straight.
    Rezdog

10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Counterpoint:

Depends on how much volume you need/want.

I haven't heard any of the Yorkville amps, but 800W into a 310212 should get pretty loud.

I think we're mainly considering the cab's potential.

You could always upgrade your power later if you felt you needed to.

The main consideration to me is 'tone', with volume coming in at probably second place.

11. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    The 310212 appealed to me because of its size mostly. I play in a heavy metal banded, with a 5 string tuned to A. Some shows we have PA support, other shows your on your own, so I wasn't sure if any of the smaller cabs would be able to stand up to the challenge.

I'm very interested in the Yorkville because you can blend the clean and OD signals together, a trick that I use to get my tone. If you guys don't think the Yorkville would be up to the challenge I could also buy an Ampeg SVP-BSP and save up for a nice big power amp.

12. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Depends on the ultimate decibel level and your EQing (& possibly how much dynamic headroom the Yorkie has).

[For instance, I wouldn't hesitate to use an Aguilar DB750 with the 310212 for that type situation, but that amp has balls to the walls headroom in its power amp section (& it's only rated at 750W@4ohm).]

Jorg could probably give you a better idea.

13. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Jorgs cabs are very loud, clean and powerful. I use one 1212 with 500 watts through it with one guitar player using a marshall half stack. These cabs will suprise you, you might be better of with the Schroeder 410 cab, I hear that cab is loud and cuts like a knife.

14. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    "You will shoot your eye out wih that thing" :smug:

O
    V
    E
    R
    K
    I
    L
    L

15. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I love my 410 with its punch, solid low end, and EQ-friendliness.

But...I think if I were doing all heavy metal, I would go for a 310212 or 21012 (or maybe a pair of 1210).

16. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    What B.S. That's only the power rating. 800 watts should drive that cab past deafening volumes. It's got a 104db@1w efficienty for christ's sake!!! He'll have loads of headroom.

:scowl:

17. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    I'm about to get this rolling by selling some equipment to buy the Yorkville, my current amp wont work with the Schroeder but the Yorkville will power my current setup.

Right now I've got a buyer for my power amp, once that's sold I'm gonna sell my pre, a power conditioner and a wireless, plus some money from my pocket to cover the difference.

18. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Well, I wasn't sure so I refered him to Jorg. I cant imagine that 800 watts would not be loud thru any cab, lighten up Francis. ;)