1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Make a band with 3 kinds of bass without guitar

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Renzo92, Jun 11, 2018.

1. I’ve seen several bands here and there over the years do this kind of thing

Here’s a band with two bass players (one playing piccolo bass) no guitar

There was an NC based rock band a couple years ago that had a really cool sound due to some interesting instrumentation. They had a guy playing a 4 string spector with a pick in more of a traditional bass role. And they did have a lead player but instead of rhythm Guitar they had a guy who switched between 6 string bass and a Chapman stick. They also had a female vocalist. Wish I could remember the band name so I could dig up some footage.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. Korladis

Korladis Supporting Member

Honestly I found this super boring.

3. I’m more of a rock/metal guy. Wasn’t saying it was awesome, just that I’d seen it done before lol

Korladis likes this.
  4. Karlson541

Karlson541

Jun 9, 2018
    Perfectly possible.

There's also a keyboard player here, but you get the point, not even anyone playing piccolo bass:

If everyone coordinate their individual roles well, the material is written carefully to fit the format and the different basses emphasis different aspects of the frequency spectrum, it should make for an interesting constellation.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    This is what I thought of, too!

dab12ax7ef likes this.