Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Make an Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fallin65, Jan 17, 2006.

1. fallin65

fallin65

Jun 10, 2005
    US
    My current bass amp (epiphone ancient) is old and starting to fade. On the list of needs, it takes the top 5. my question is, is there any good sites that can give instructions on how to build your own amp? or would it be more (logical?) to just buy one? thanks

2. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    It would be more logical to just buy one as you wouldn't be able to make an over the top amp without good experience with electronics and most amp instructions are for Bassman copies

3. Also, in general by the time you've purchased all of the necessary parts (and before you put any time into the construction) you've already spent more than you would have on a comparable production amp.

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    If your end goal is to have a usable amp, buy one. If it's to learn about amp design and build as an exercise of curiosity, go ahead and make one.

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

www.diyaudio.com
    www.ampage.net

would it be more (logical?) to just buy one?

Heh...yeah it'd be a lot more logical, and cheaper to boot in most cases. Doesn't stop some of us though! :cool: