Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Make Feedback Forum Poll-Based?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by malthumb, Apr 17, 2005.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Maybe consider having a STANDARD polling scheme on the feedback customer. When someone leaves feedback for a TBer, they can use the poll to "grade" the transaction.

Poll could be like......

1. Would not do business with this person again
    2. Transaction was completed, but with some stress
    3. Transaction went pretty well. Would do business again
    4. Great transaction! Highly recommended!

One thing I don't know how to manage would be if someone decided to sabotage someone elses rating by posting low marks without leaving a useable description of the deal.

Peace,

James

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I think that's why it wouldn't work. Besides, I like to know what others have bought and sold and have others know that I've sold lots and it's not all just $40 items (pedals and stuff). I've sold some very expensive basses, amps, and cabinets as well as some less pricy stuff and I've yet to have a hitch where the buyer was left unhappy.

If something goes wrong and somebody goes way out of there way to fix it, that says alot more than nice transaction. Why shouldn't we be able to say in our own words what's up with who? The qualitative aspects of TB's feedback are a big positive in my book. It also helps if you ever do any trading over other classified sites like bassgear.com and it can even let those know people about TB, who don't already...

EDIT: This would probably be even harder to pull off, but it would be cool if there were some way to be able to do both based on the individual feedback threads and have some percentage meter or stats or something at the top of the feedback thread for each user.

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    it would be abused like you said , so , meh...

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    What if you made it poll based, but required the posters to poll AND post a reply. That way, you could get a quick look into a sellers feedback with a cursory glance, or, if you want, a more indepth look.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Unfortunately TB's code doesn't work that way, and frankly I see no reason why Paul should parse through and rewrite part of the code for a quick glance.

Look at eBay, positives and negatives mean nothing. Sellers with 100's of positives and no negatives could be buying $.50 pieces of something or other, to build up feedback to do one big screw-over. It happens.

I guess the forum is my baby, so it's a little more personal to me than the rest. I'll refrain from more of this conversation. LOL