1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Make sure you have an extra set of strings!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jmceachern36, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Cambridge MA
    I'll start this story by saying that I'm really a flatwound guy but today I once again dig roundwounds..... So I'm driving to teach my lessons today and I'm getting off the highway and I hear this very loud noise coming from the back of my car. I pull over and take a look and my muffler is on the ground. Visions of AAA, tow trucks and losing a days pay start to flash through my head. After a phone call to a friend and then some general staring into space, wondering what to do, I realize I have an old set of roundwound strings under my front seat. I take out the A string and use it to secure the muffler in place and not only am I mobile again but I also get to my lessons on time. Todays lesson. Always have a spare set of strings with you!

2. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    yeah boyyy

3. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    lol I've used my old strings for many quick fixes it's not even funny.