Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Make those talkbass shirts in black!!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by I_am_Rage, Jul 13, 2002.

1. I was looking at the talkbass shirts and there all in white and grey. I think you should make them in black too cause then i would perhaps buy one. I just don't like wearing white shirts...not my thing.

I was looking at the "Chicks Dig Bass Players" shirt. I thought it was funny. But none in Black. :(

2. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    I definitely vote for black shirts and hats.

3. I think this was suggested before, but black shirts require more ink, there for the prices would increase.

I for one think black shirts, hats, etc, would be awesome also.

4. I would be prepared to pay a bit more for black.....

IMHO black is cooler than white.......

5. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    We'll pay more for the black.
    Give us the black.

6. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    The TalkBass store uses the CafePress service, and CafePress does everything with dye sublimation - adding colors over a light background to acheve the desired image, kind of like your computer's printer. Notice how there's no white ink? That's because the printer (and CafePress) use the background as the defacto for white.

The big advantage of CafePress is that there's no out-of-pocket costs to run your store - everything is made on a per-order basis, so silkscreening (which is what you'd need to do light colors on dark fabric) isn't feasable - there's too much setup cost in getting the screens made.

That being said, I'd pay good money for a black TB shirt, but until we're all willing to pitch in for a large combined order, I doubt you'll see it happen.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    still, i would pay $20/$25 or more for a black shirt...

maybe there's another service like cafePress but with black shirts OR Paul goes to a local shirt shop to make these custom shirts... making about 50 shirts would be fairly enough for a first batch of them.

but what do I know!

8. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    I agree. Here's one with a gold clef if anyone is interested:

Bass Clef Hat

9. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    (McCartney voice on)

...ebony and ivory...live together in perfect harmony...side by side on my Talkbass t-shirt...whoa, whoa, why can't we....(ahem)...get it in black?:D

(McCartney voice off)

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Make those talkbass shirts in hot pink!!!

11. How about just Gold ink on Black? Or Silver? Or Red?
    That shouldn't cost anymore.

I've silk-screened shirts for years.

Something seems a little fishy when it costs more to print White Vinyl Ink on black.

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    YEEEEESSSS! OH GOD YES! YES YES YES!

But really, thats the only reason i never got one. i like the balck, give us the black. Anyone know were i cang et other bass apparel? like the clef? on a shirt hat ect?

13. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    You got it! The Got Bass? shirts are now available in black with white print. Visit the TB Store to order.

14. mjw

mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Bummer Paul.... It's a dead link. I want to order soon before they're all gone! :)

[ Edit ] Found em' anyway.. Thanks!

15. Paul! Thank you sir! Nice Job!

- Wil

16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I love paul, He shall father my children.

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks, Paul! How large do the 2X run? Can you be bribed into doing some 3X and 4X for us big bottom-dwellers?

18. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I second the request for chunkstyle-sized shirts! I'll take 2 once ya do!